Dbanks

How to make a recipe?

13 posts in this topic

I'm coming from AB and Automation Direct and I guess to assume they would even be remotely similar was a joke. In AD I have the ability to pull up a recipe on the HMI with the Part number (Vertical column) and different attributes of the part in the following 5 columns (derived from tags in the PLC). How do I replicate this in GT Designer 3? I'm utilizing GX Works 3 with it. 

I have a recipe record box on the HMI screen thats visibility is based on a tag in the PLC. How do I make it do the same thing has previously described? Going through the settings of the Recipe Display, I can't find any place to add the columns based on the tags. It seemingly gives you very limited options in the settings. Has anyone had better experience with this that can point me in the right direction? 
Thanks in advance!

That PDF is incredibly detailed.  

15 hours ago, Gambit said:

Thanks for sending these. I'll take a look. 

After reading through this I have unanimous confirmation that you are a godsend. Thanks for this!!

Edited by Dbanks

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

Is there any necessity to the use of so many of the GDXXXX format? A lot of what I'm editing is in D, and there's definitely a method to the madness I might just be missing. Thanks in advance.

haha glad to be able to help

No worries this is just an extensive example. Al you need to use basically is the recipe settings and Recipe Display.

The GD register are just local devices you can use D registers

Edited by Gambit

On 6/6/2018 at 11:37 AM, Gambit said:

I was simulated this example recipe screen. If i change the "Record Number" from 20  to 50, simulation is not working. It doesn't show any data's in "Recipe Display". Is there any separate setting is available to change the Record Number.

Kindly give suggestion.

Hi all,

İ need 11 block and 200 record, recipe display. 2 string and 9 real value. But if ı set this settings i get "failed to read recipe" error. What should i do? Can you help me please? 

On 3/1/2020 at 11:58 PM, Ceremonds said:

Hi all,

İ need 11 block and 200 record, recipe display. 2 string and 9 real value. But if ı set this settings i get "failed to read recipe" error. What should i do? Can you help me please? 

Maybe when you run HMI it load data from old recipe file. Try to delete old file and retry.

1.JPG

On 5/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, soundararajan said:

I was simulated this example recipe screen. If i change the "Record Number" from 20  to 50, simulation is not working. It doesn't show any data's in "Recipe Display". Is there any separate setting is available to change the Record Number.

Kindly give suggestion.

if i am putting write trigger=gs60100 then my GTdesiner shows invalid out of range popup. please help me out with this .  

If your post is correct you are using the GOT Special Internal device (GS)

these only have a range of 0 -2047 (depending on the display type), You should be using GD (range of 65535)

Steve