Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sczot

wearables

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

does anyone of you have some experience with integration of wearables? (something like this)

Our biggest problem right now is data transmision from 2D scanner to PLC

our expected diagram is

2d scanner >cable> mobile computer > wifi > GT25 (hmi with got mobile function) > iQR PLC

right now it looks like we will need some android app running on mobile computer to transfer data from scanner to web page generated by HMI's GOT mobile function

Do you know some better way?

I was looking through manuals and I wasn't able to find some direct way of connecting remote 2D scanner with HMI.

Thank you

8670 is equipped with Bluetooth ->  SPA312i by "connectBlue AB"  -> PLC or HMI serial port

On 4. 6. 2018 at 6:20 PM, Inntele said:

Bluetooth

Thank you for reply

We need one device to be able to travel on the whole plant floor... I dont think management will agree with implementation of bluetooth mesh (cost, new tech)...

We need one device to be able to travel on the whole plant floor... I dont think management will agree with implementation of bluetooth mesh (cost, new tech)...

I can't estimate what is a distance on the whole plant.... Just a simple reason: the solution, I propose, is cheaper and easier than was described by you.

12 minutes ago, Inntele said:

distance

+-25k m2 (200m longest straight distance) of space filled with a lot of machines...

13 minutes ago, Inntele said:

simple reason: the solution, I propose, is cheaper and easier than was described by you

a wearable screen able to show info is mandatory part of solution, because it will be used as navigation/"shoping list" for operator... standalone scanner is unusable for our needs

45 minutes ago, sczot said:
1 hour ago, Inntele said:

distance

+-25k m2 (200m longest straight distance) of space filled with a lot of machines...

Depending on its installation the SPA312i may cover the area...

51 minutes ago, sczot said:
1 hour ago, Inntele said:

simple reason: the solution, I propose, is cheaper and easier than was described by you

a wearable screen able to show info is mandatory part of solution, because it will be used as navigation/"shoping list" for operator... standalone scanner is unusable for our needs

Yes, I did not check are other models support any interface, like the 8670 has.