Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dipen_95

1S Servo Merge Move

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to do a merge move on 1S Servo. The condition are as follows:

Task: Move 2 in(absolute value) and then Move back to 1 in (absolute value). I have to do this move 10 times in a row. 
The application is material leveling after dumping in the mold.

The only question i have is if I use just MC_MoveAbsolute command, the only buffer mode for transition available is velocity. Is there a way i can do it with position. I dont want to stop when I can go from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 again and again. Its time consuming. But rather a nice oscillation motion without stopping to mimic leveling.

Can anybody please help me out with this problem.

Thanks

Are you asking if you can reverse directions without stopping?

If you reverse directions, you will have to stop.  If you want it to be smooth though, you can do something about it.  Look at the Jerk parameter.  Another option would be to do a cam profile and link it to a virtual axis that just moves back and forth. 

I guess my best bet is to use a cam profile with virtual master.

Just out of curiosity, would coupling/gearing the actual servo with virtual master be able to achieve back and forth as I dont have a complex profile, spend the time in writing Cam program is not optimal.

The simplest way would be to use absolute movement commands and use a high jerk value (S-Curve).