SolidRio

SCADA for FX3U

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I got factory full of FX3U plcs and right now is needed to make a SCADA for monitoring (and maybe provide some control) all of them. I dont know which SCADA product to choose. Which one have bettter compatibility with mitsubishi plcs/which one is cheaper/or maybe simpler in use. 

Thank you in advance.

You may be try Vijeo Citect. Demo Version can use runtime 2 hours and can start it again. It has Mitsubishi Driver.

Download link here.

Citect_FX3U_01.jpg

1 person likes this

You can try Adroit. Pricing is fair and includes a 1 hour runtime demo. 

www.adroit.co.za

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Wasan said:

You may be try Vijeo Citect. Demo Version can use runtime 2 hours and can start it again. It has Mitsubishi Driver.

Download link here.

Citect_FX3U_01.jpg

I heard about citect before and those reviews were positive only. I will test it as soon as i have free time, but for now what can you tell about convenience working with it? Maybe were some problems with it? Or some function are missing? 

I have been working a long time ago with the WinCC (with s7-300 plcs) and it was good. But they moved to TIA Portal and it seems not quite conveniently, maybe just for me. And i dont know about mitsubishi drivers.

3 hours ago, waynes said:

You can try Adroit. Pricing is fair and includes a 1 hour runtime demo. 

www.adroit.co.za

Never heard about it before. Maybe you can say something about it from your experience? 

I agree, take a look at MAPS. Ver. 4 is brand new.

1 person likes this

MAPS no question !!!

2 people like this

Hi SolidRio

The MAPS  SCADA is a very nice integrated solution with all the Mitsubishi PLCs. Direct address reading, only licence on the amount of I/O you are communicating between PLC and SCADA. Very simple design interface. As mentioned earlier, you can run the full package on a time license function. Once the time license expires, you simply save the configuration, stop the server and start the server up again. You can carry on with the work. I do alot of fault finding this way. 

1 person likes this

On 5/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, JanHrust said:

Hi SolidRio

The MAPS  SCADA is a very nice integrated solution with all the Mitsubishi PLCs. Direct address reading, only licence on the amount of I/O you are communicating between PLC and SCADA. Very simple design interface. As mentioned earlier, you can run the full package on a time license function. Once the time license expires, you simply save the configuration, stop the server and start the server up again. You can carry on with the work. I do alot of fault finding this way. 

MAPS not so good for big task, very difficult realization of indirect addressing of tags for faceplates (i had to create manually additional internal tag for this task. i guess must be tag prefix as well, but didn't find this). Graphic object don't have transparent properties and 2 or more graphic objects can't put in on one place. Very sad then MAPS can't work with IQ work system lables. As i understand don't support structured data types from GXW3, just importing with adding '.' between header and item. Also need good knowledge in C# for scripting, spiders and etc. 
Maybe i spent not so much time for MAPS, but is very uncomfortable products after using wanderware intouch with system platform (archestra IDE).

1 hour ago, Clear.Mind said:

MAPS not so good...

The main thing, which I'm considering as critical, the MAPS doesn't work principally under home version of Windows. That does not allow to estimate preliminary, will it suitable for the current project. This fact has kicked me to find better product, and I found it...