marcinmrag

How to make analog signal more stable?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question. I have analog signal 0-10V from baluff encoder. When the cylinder is not moving the value from encoder is jumping.

data_trace.thumb.JPG.94063348d9bd2b6bf59

I add moving avg in card setting:

moving_avg.thumb.JPG.1c86cbe59589558c2f5

Is possible to do this reading more stable? How I can do it in sysmac

jumping how much exactly? what sensor exactly? what is the nature of feedback? potentiomenter, magnetorestrictive,...?

I am not familiar with your controller, but I would use an averaging, or filter command to reduce the fluctuations.  How much is the 0-10V signal changing?  Looking at your graph, the values on the Y-axis are only changing from a min of 73.07 to a max of 74.2.  That is a difference of 1.13.  That is if I read the scaling correctly.  I am not sure what units the X-Axis units are or how those values correspond to a 0-10V signal.

i would say signal changes from 73.95 to 74.2 which is 0.25 units change on Y axis

(74.2-73.95)/(74.2+73.95)= +/-0.17%

looking at the graph seem to match that to +/-3 counts.  what is the resolution of the analog input? what is the range for graphed value?

Yes it is around +/- 3 counts. What do you think can i use function MovingAverage to do this more stable?

sure if it means that much to you, but this small fluctuations are normal and averaging will just distort the signal (slow it down). filtering can be done in software and hardware. look up low pass filter in this forum. btw you still did not answer our questions....

resolution is 30000 but the card is -10V - 10V. So in fact i use half of card that's mean resolution is 15000. You are right averaging distort the signal. It slow down to much.