Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
collinsd70

Removing Coordinated Motion Task

3 posts in this topic

Hi All.

I have been given a new program to engineer- the original code used 2 axis in a Cartesian co-ordinate system to allow for different angles of drilling. All done via Kinetix 2K on SERCOS II

These axis are now to be individually isolated- and the angle is adjusted by the operator now.

I need to remove the coordinated motion group- if I just simply "delete" this- do I need to be weary of anything else?

Are there any dedicated coordinated motion instructions that need removing/ adjusting?

Thanks

Dan.

Hi Dan,

It is hard to tell without having seen the program, but the motion instructions for coordinated motion, usually takes the "cordinate system" as a parameter.

If you make a backup of the project and delete the coordinate system, you should be able to compile the whole project and you will get an error from the compiler everwhere the coordinate system is used.

Thanks Jobbe9000.

I have had a better look now- removing the globals COORDINATE_SYSTEM and followed through errors. I now need to instruct the motion axes individually and reassign all calculated "angles" that the Cartesian was driving to.