Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Bromley

slc 500 migration

3 posts in this topic

getting ready to upgrade some 5/03 proccessors looking at staying with rockwell. current plan is to replace 5/03 processor with a 1747-AENTR ethernet adapter and run existing rack as remote io with a 5069-l310er. The current slc500 program will be converted to 5000 with the rockwell migration tool.

anyone ever tried this, i am looking for someone to pick this plan apart. what i have read so far seems to make me think the program would be a good candidate for migration.

341- NT2341.RSS

Should not be an issue.  You have basic input and output modules.  Does not work well with specialty modules.  The notes tell you which ones it has problems with.  The conversion of the program is easy.  You'll need to check over the code to make sure.  Then find and replace old IO references with newly created IO references in the new program.

Of course you'll have to check the HMI program and the corrections there as well. 

ive used the ethernet adapter on the 503 in the past but the only draw back is 503s are obsolete im struggling to get the 505s any more if youre doing all this why not upgrade the processor? just a thought