Wesley

PV+ Export Alarm History to USB external memory

7 posts in this topic

Dear masters!
Hello!

I have a PanelView Plus 1250, firmware 6.1, and I would like to know if it is possible to export to csv or .txt and save the alarm history to an external USB memory from the terminal?

Today I'm typing the whole alarm history manually...

It's not particularly easy, but it's possible.

What you need are the files associated with the Alarm History, as well as the files that describe the Alarm Configuration, and you run those both through a FactoryTalk log file viewer utility.

Whenever I do this, I get out and pay close attention to the directions in this Knowledgebase article:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/823751/page/2

And then I say nasty things about the parents of the FactoryTalk View developers, and go back to using Indusoft where my alarms are logged into an SQL database.

13 hours ago, Ken Roach said:

What you need are the files associated with the Alarm History, as well as the files that describe the Alarm Configuration, and you run those both through a FactoryTalk log file viewer utility.

Whenever I do this, I get out and pay close attention to the directions in this Knowledgebase article:

And then I say nasty things about the parents of the FactoryTalk View developers, and go back to using Indusoft where my alarms are logged into an SQL database.

LOL hahahahaha

True!

Ok, thank you very much, I'll gonna try!

15 hours ago, Ken Roach said:

The article says as below:

"Note:  To read FactoryTalk View ME files from PanelView Plus CE or PanelView Plus terminals, copy the files to a CompactFlash card or SD card and move them to the desktop where the FactoryTalk View File Viewer Utility resides. These log files are in a non-standard format."

But I didn't find how copy those files...

Why are you saving flat files to a memory stick connecting to a database?

1 hour ago, KearyD said:

Why are you saving flat files to a memory stick connecting to a database?

It's not in a database, this application is running on PV+ terminal

Got it!
It's what I need!

Thanks a lot guys!