GNP

Saving text in PLC memory

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to enter a text value in CX-Supervisor and save in PLC memory.

Basically liquid storage tanks that we want to put a product name on, which will change from time to time.

I need to keep it in the PLC as there are two CX-Supervisor runtimes accessing the information via the internet. So I want any changes made on one to be reflected on both.

When ever I try to make the change in the runtime the keyboard comes up, I enter my new text, press enter and the default remains as it was?

I have tried with it only being setup as edit point value (text) and also as display point value (text) and edit point value (text) but the results are the same.

What am I missing???

I have attached a PDF that has screen shots of my complete setup.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

screen shots.pdf

In the PLC Attributes [TEXT] under Data Type  is there an option for ASCII instead of Unicode? Unicode takes up more bits than the traditional 8 bit ASCII characters. 

Just a thought.
Regards,
Garry

Thank Garry but unfortunately not.

choices are:

Unicode

Signed char binary

Unsigned char binary

Raw char binary

I now have this working.

Under display value (text)  I had put some characters there as place holders thinking this would change to what I input when I edited the text in runtime.

My mistake, all I needed to do was put a single pound symbol. The display value text simply replaces anything from the pound symbol on with the information contained in the text point that is used.