AngryRobot

UDTs from a Library Project

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to import my user created data types from a library project?  I have created a library where I am storing and updating my UDTs and function blocks.  When I add that library to a project my function blocks show up on the tool pallet as expected, but I cannot figure out where my UDTs are.  Is it possible I'm missing a step when creating the library and not saving them?

Once you add the library reference to your project, the UDT is there, you just go ahead and use it.  It does not however show up in the Data Types.  See below:

Here I created only a data type in my library project:

UDTCreate.jpg.22cddeab7389295b04c91e97c2

Then I added the library file to a new project:

5ae365917434d_UDTLibraryref.thumb.jpg.0f

Notice that the structure is in the list above.  Then I used the UDT to create a variable:

UDTUse.jpg.e9ac893ba35fb9e54e3c654c6bb27

Again, it does not show up in the Data Types window, but can be used.

Thank you!  

I expected that they would show up under the data type tree, so when they weren't there I just assumed they hadn't been imported.  Now I guess I just need to keep a sticky note near my monitor with the names of all my data types. lol

32 minutes ago, AngryRobot said:

Now I guess I just need to keep a sticky note near my monitor with the names of all my data types. lol

Or start them all with AngryRobot_, then you just start typing AngryRobot and they will show up.....

Obviously, you might choose to use something other than AngryRobot.....  :-)