Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Jones

Siemens 1200 going into STOP mode

6 posts in this topic

Dear All,

Hello everyone! Been a few years since posting on this forum but I have a question and though that one of you might be able to help.

We have a Siemens 1200 on a ship and every now and again the PLC goes into STOP mode. I'm not sure the reason why it does this but I believe it may be due to a power outage or power surge, maybe it think that a card is not present or something. In any case, it means I have to go and visit the ship, plug in my TIA Portal V12, go to online and click RUN CPU.

My question, is, is there a way to program the PLC so that under no circumstance the CPU will go into STOP mode? Can I maybe use a OB to force it to always stay in RUN mode even if it sees hardware errors?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Ben

Hello Ben,

did you check error log on CPU? What was the cause that CPU report as stop reason?

Knowing this answer, may exist a possibility to program CPU to remain on Run mode,  but only for some reasons not for all possibilities. 

Hi Ben,

As dekor mention, check your error log first to find the reason that caused your stop.

Then add the corresponding OB to handle that error,

The most certain reason is that the CPU calls a specific OB where you can create an alarm for example.

When it can't find that specific OB, it goes to stop.

Hi, thanks for the comments. This was all I saved when I was on site last week. Does this help? (attached)

IMG_0596.jpg

That picture don't tell me so much.

But I would start by adding the following OB's and set a tag in each OB to create an alarm message to tell you what OB that was called. That will also give you a time stamp when it occurred.

OB80 - Time error interrupt

OB82 - Diagnostic error interrupt

OB83 - Pull or plug of modules

OB86 - Rack or station failure

Thanks Bryll, will do!

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Ben