Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Babyblue10

qj71mb91

8 posts in this topic

I have this module that is currently polling some modbus adddress. Problem i am facing is everytime this module is power cycle, i have to manually on back the communication via the function utiliy. how do i auto start this communication? 

If you are referring to ‘starting’ the Modbus TCP card after a powercycle...

This can be started via the utility or via the User Program. I dont know about the Modbus cards but normally the start request in an Intelligent Module (32 bit) is the first output bit of the slot number- so for example if your card is in slot 0- then your start request signal will be Y0 (you can also analyse the inputs X0-X1F for module state before sending the start request).

Edited by collinsd70

meaning y0 i need to enable so that everytime power cycle the module will auto start?

Babyblue10

According to the QJ71MB91 User Manual- your start request is sent via Bit 5 so at starting X/Y 0000- your address will be Y4.

See the attached diagram which shows your process flow and signals to analyse.

Cheers.

IO.png

Flow.jpg

Edited by collinsd70

Meaning need to do some program to on it? But the modbus is at rio rack? Any ways to save the ram? 

It doesn't matter what rack it's in, you have one CPU and one program.  The card doesn't have RAM to save, it's told what to do by the controller.

BabyBlue10.

You need to write some level of user program to control this module and handle additional information you require.

When your starting the modbus card from the configurator tool- in effect it is toggling the start bit (as we said earlier 'Y4'). Writing this sort of command into your program saves you from starting in the configurator tool every time the CPU is reset or the Card stops.

This is a standard protocol across most of the Q-Series intelligent modules.

Edited by collinsd70