axledeep

Hypens have been replaced with ASCII boxes

6 posts in this topic

The hyphens (dashes) in Sysmac Studio have been replaced by ASCII "boxes."  Anyone having this problem?  See attached screenshot.

Sysmac Studio 1.220.80, Windows 7

omron hyphen.JPG

Mine looks like this:

5ad50ed9ed1c7_CrossRef.jpg.200bc0f0ec70b

Is there anyway your default language was changed or something?  Seems like it may be referencing an odd FONT.

I'll have a look at it in the morning.  Thanks for the advice Michael.

Checked language settings....all seem to be correct.  I checked tools>option from the main menu but then got a message immediately saying Sysmac Studio is shutting down due to an application error.  Same error when I tried again.  Something is wrong with my install.  Called Omron and they never heard of this problem(s).  They suggested doing a CX One remover and re-install all the software.  I'm like...no friggin way!  I'll deal with it.  Maybe the next update will clear things up.  Omron said the next update is scheduled for April end.

If tech support recommended the remover tool, that is likely your best bet.  It makes sure all Sysmac files and all of their Windows dependencies are there.

Thanks Crossbow.  I did a full removal (including using the remover tool) and reinstall. But.....same issue.  I'm getting ready to call Omron again. 

Axle