Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sathiyraj

PLC program downloading to a PLC through wireless communication

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Good Afternoon.

Would like to know the methods of downloading PLC Program to a PLC?

Coz, I'm planning to download a PLC program from My PC to PLC through Wireless communication. how to Success it?

Recommend me some ways. Thanks. 

Good Day!

Best Regards,

Methods vary greatly depending on the PLC make/model. What are you working with?

Hi Mr Joe E,

My Company asking me to find an way to Download PLC Program to PLC through wireless.

my clients are using different PLC's.

Asked me to communicate through OPC UA, but i'm not familiar of it. i'm new to this area. I know PLC, HMI. but not worked on SCADA & IIOT.

So would like to request for an guidelines that what could be the solution for it and which things i need to learn.

Sorry if my questions are stupid or Basic.

regards.

In my experience, it is not possible to download entirely wirelessly. However, if their PLCs can be connected to a proper Ethernet network, you can connect through that network via a wifi connection or from a remote site via VPN or remote desktop.

I'm going to back up and let someone better at setting up networks jump in. I've used our corporate network to access PLCs remotely and without plugging in my laptop, but the network is entirely managed by others.

Thanks for your inputs. Kindly update me if you know any info regarding my issue.

Best Regards,