Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clear.Mind

Connect to old Premium plc TSX572623

2 posts in this topic

Hello i have faced problem with connecting to Premium plc TSX572623. I don't have RS485 cable for AUX or TER port on that plc. Plc has ETY Port, but my attempts to connect with it was unsuccsesful. I tried use 2 software:

1) Unity Pro XL 11, in this software i found tcp/ip communication, made test connection from driver manager, plc had link. But when i trying go online unity informed that plc was busied or something. I have checked Unity PRO XL 11 don't have in hardware configuration model of this PLC. I think problem with it.

2)I found old software PL7 and owner of this plc gave me *.stx project of it. PL7 have model of this plc in hardware configuration, but i didn't find how to connect via ETY port. In menu "define plc address" i can choose only UNTLW01 driver. I had googled before writing this post and found that i need XIP driver. But i can't find this driver on Schneider electric web site.

Where i can get this XIP driver and how properly set parameters for reaching connection?

Edited by Clear.Mind

Hi,

1) Forget Unity, your processor is PL7-Pro only. For Unity only processors reference that ended by a 4 (ie TSX572624) can be programmed with unity.

2) XIP driver is installed when you install PL7-Pro. XIP Driver is provided as well on the cd with PL7-Pro. To configure XIP driver have a look here : https://www.schneider-electric.fr/fr/faqs/FA17522/

Sorry it's in french, I didn't find something in english. But it's not so complicated. Anyway a quicker solution will be to find an RS485 cable to connect the TER plug, it's easier than in Ethernet with these processors.

JC