kku

Sysmac Studio 1.22

14 posts in this topic

Just updated to version 1.22 but have this error:

"Sysmac Studio cannot be started because one or more system files are missing. Please uninstall the Sysmac Studio, and then reinstall it."

Anyone else got this? So mad right now.

2018-04-09_0-10-24.jpg

No solution to this. I had to uninstall both Sysmac Studio and CX-One. Omron told me to also use the CX-Remover tool to clean up the registry. Finally reinstalled Sysmac Studio and CX-One from scratch.

This took about half a day. 

I upgraded a bunch of machines and didn't have that issue.

All posters: Mentioning the OS would make big sense in such cases!

On 4/9/2018 at 0:14 AM, kku said:

Just updated to version 1.22 but have this error:

"Sysmac Studio cannot be started because one or more system files are missing. Please uninstall the Sysmac Studio, and then reinstall it."

Anyone else got this? So mad right now.

2018-04-09_0-10-24.jpg

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit)

Version 1703

OS build 15063.966

Had no such issue here.  Also, version 1.23 was released yesterday to include the new NX102 CPUs.  So try and do the auto update again and see if it solves your issue.  If not, maybe use the remover tool included on the DVD and uninstall and reinstall completely.  It could be that some other software install modified files like the .NET Framework or VC++ Runtime files.

1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

Had no such issue here.  Also, version 1.23 was released yesterday to include the new NX102 CPUs.  So try and do the auto update again and see if it solves your issue.  If not, maybe use the remover tool included on the DVD and uninstall and reinstall completely.  It could be that some other software install modified files like the .NET Framework or VC++ Runtime files.

I did a clean uninstall with CX-Remover and both CX-One and Sysmac Studio were removed. That's the only way to get Sysmac Studio to work again but now I am on version 1.20 because that's what I had when I purchased my copy. 

I used AutoUpdate to try to get back to version 1.22 but nothing shows up for Sysmac Studio. 

I asked Omron and they haven't given me an answer yet. So for now I am stuck using version 1.20. 

I am also not able to upload the safety PLC programs. I do a fresh upload and the safety PLC shows up but the programs area, variables, etc. are empty. I had our local Omron distributor come out to have a look and he was able to upload everything without issues. His laptop was running Windows 7 though.

2018-04-26_13-46-53.png

There was an issue with one of the releases of 1.20 I think which prevented it from showing automatic updates.  Check with tech support they may need to give you a link to download a different installer which will fix the auto-update utility.

I experienced this issue today.  I had to use the removal tool and then install from disk.  After installing from disk, I had the same problem.  I ran the autoupdate and updated Sysmac Studio and then it worked properly again.  It all started when I installed and then removed a utility related to Sysmac Studio.  

Had the same issue on v1.23. 

This can also be solved by doing a "Run As Administrator" on the Setup.exe.

Looks like a file write permission issue if you're not Administrator on the PC.  I encountered this problem on my PC (Win10 - not Administrator), but NOT my laptop (Win7 - default login is the Admin account).

I had our IT department wipe my laptop and apply a new image. After this I still had the same problem with installing the latest Sysmac. Eventually I got it to work after applying the latest Windows updates. Apparently the 'latest' image from IT doesn't mean it's the latest Windows build. Something must have been missing for the Sysmac to install correctly. Now I am running Sysmac version 1.24.

Like most automation software, it is designed to run as the PC administrator.  If your IT guys do not give you admin rights, you will have issues.  This is not Omron specific, it affects nearly every automation supplier.  With the new versions, you can run most features without admin rights, but some still require it.  I believe there's a list in the software manual.

3 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Like most automation software, it is designed to run as the PC administrator.  If your IT guys do not give you admin rights, you will have issues.  This is not Omron specific, it affects nearly every automation supplier.  With the new versions, you can run most features without admin rights, but some still require it.  I believe there's a list in the software manual.

You can not run simulator without admin rights.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:45 PM, pfort said:

You can not run simulator without admin rights.

I know, that is on the list.  In the past, the software itself didn't work well without admin rights.  Now it's a much shorter list.