LD_M

Sysmac Studio - Unable to Write In Internal Memory Addressing

9 posts in this topic

Hello to All,

I've installed the Sysmac software and the installation works fine, until I tried the ladder programming.  The % symbol is not working when I tried to use the internal memory addressing.  All I can use is the # symbol only.  

I already looked into the options, to check if there are options to be selected to activate the % symbol, but unfortunately, there is none.

Anybody who have experience this issue before? Or Is there any options / selections to be tick off during initial installation, that I have missed?

Thanks for any suggestions / solutions.

Regards.

Leo

You cannot put the internal memory location (like %W0.00) in the ladder directly. You need to create an Internal Variable in the program and put the %W0.00 inside the AT column of that variable in the variable table.

If your PLC Type is the NX1P2 series, you may need to edit the Memory Settings in order for % symbol to be applicable in the AT column.

What a ruddy pain! IEC crap! Sticking to the CJ2M and CX-P for a lot of reasons.

Bloody European requirements are a load of rubbish for mine. Way to slow to program.

Studio is really a PITA. Give me CX-P anytime.

Sorry - not helpful but how I feel - must be getting old and cranky!

And I have to program a Schneider redundant system shortly - very painful also.

Hi innoaloe,

Thanks for the information, I points me to the right direction.

I went to the memory settings under the controller setup, and enabled the memory areas that I needed, and then under programming, the global variables, which I made a work memory name ( tag ) and in the AT column, made my %W0.00.

In the ladder programming, I just type the memory name tag ( work memory ) and it is good.  No error on my sample ladder program.

I still need to read the operation and programming manual, to learn more about the new programming style of the sysmac studio.

Hi Bob,

I am still using the cx-programmer in my work, and you are right!!..the programming is different, and not straight forward like in the Cx.  There is a learning curve, and eventually, programming will be a lot more faster and easier.

I have no other choice, but to start learning the sysmac studio, as more machines ( coming to our factory ) is using the sysmac studio.

Thanks to all.

Cheers.

Leo

Bugger! Too slow - never be quicker for mine. Came up with DOS software - typing in an I/O address wins hands down compared to symbols. Anyway! Must be getting old and grumpy!

Bob, I think we all know your opinions on IEC programming and variables.  You've shared them about a thousand times, and they add nothing useful to the post.

1 person likes this

Bob is our resident Old Phfart and I too share his frustrations with Sysmac Studio,  Sysmac Studio has yet to mature to the level of CX Programmer. 

From one old Phfart to another.:dance:

1 person likes this

Pair of typical Old Phfarts Jay - no patience - has to happen NOW! LOL

I understand that but I bet I can find at least 75 posts where the comment was made about IEC programming and variables sucks... it gets old, time for some new material...