strantor_

Will Sysmac Studio coexist with CX-One?

4 posts in this topic

I currently have multiple brands and suites of PLC software on one laptop and they don't play nice with each other. I have everything but Sysmac Studio on there; haven't installed it yet.

I just got a new laptop with a good processor and 64gb of ram, running VMWare. I'm going to segregate my PLC softwares into different VMs by brand, or by suite if necessary.

So is it a good idea to install Sysmac Studio in the same VM with CX-one? Or should I give it its own VM? And while we're on the topic, are there any other Omron softwares that might conflict with other Omron software?

If you are intending to use both CX-One and Sysmac Studio I would highly recommend installing them on the same VM.

The Auto Update feature scans for presence of both applications and updates them both as needed. Very nice feature.

1 person likes this

On 4/1/2018 at 9:25 AM, BITS N BYTES said:

If you are intending to use both CX-One and Sysmac Studio I would highly recommend installing them on the same VM.

The Auto Update feature scans for presence of both applications and updates them both as needed. Very nice feature.

I agree that they should be installed on the same VM.  I have been running them on the same PC since Sysmac Studio came out and I have not had any issues.