JeffM93

Factorytalk View SE Datalogging

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm somewhat new to Data logging so try to bare with me. I'm trying to setup Data logging in Factorytalk View SE to log to my SQL database. I have created the 32-bit ODBC system DSN. Created the datalog model in FT View Studio and selected ODBC and it created my tables fine (Float, String, Tag). I chose Login required. I also setup a File backup path. With that being said, when I use the command DatalogOn- It will start the Datalog model without any errors, but will only log to the backup path. It isn't logging anything to my SQL DB. I thought it could be the firewall blocking it so I created a rule to allow connections through the specified port. SQL is also allowing Reading/Writing. 

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks!

An MES gateway appliance (www.thedatacommander.com) autoenumerates PLC tags and SQL scripts with a much easier connection than ODBC.   Are you only wanting to log data or would you rather exchange data bi-directionally?  Stored procedures are possible on the appliance and there's a physical firewall built in between to NIC ports that won't interfere with the SQL connection. This is an article explaining how they work: https://www.assemblymag.com/articles/94102-translating-manufacturing-data-for-the-iiot