Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autocontrolit

PanelView 550 Error 608 PLC in Program Mode

4 posts in this topic

I am using a 2711-T5A1 RIO PV 550 to connected to a PLC 5/80B CH1A. First I am getting a message displayed at the top of my Panelview reading 608 PLC in Program Mode, I know this is inaccurate since I am looking at the PLC in Logix 5 with a big green RUN. Second all of my data reads work with my BTW's in the PLC, but the BTR's in the PLC for the data writes from the Panelviews do not seem to be functioning. The BTR completes and goes done, but the Panelview gives the erroneous unable to write to remote device. I am guessing this has to do with the first problem. I hate RIO panelviews, but that was what was purchased to work with so I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

First, Channel 1A is traditionally configured for DH+, not RIO. Are you sure that you reconfigured it for RIO ? Are there any other RIO devices on this channel ? I'm not sure what to make of your Block Transfer instructions. Usually when a BTW works, a BTR does too. What is the exact Rack / Group configuration of the PanelView terminal ? What are the exact configuration parameters of your Block Transfer instructions ?

I know 1A is traditionally DH+, but legacy kicks in when the Line was installed it was configured as RIO 115.2K, with other devices configured on the RIO. Simple BTW, BTR configured for Rack 6 group 0 panelview configured for all slots (full rack) in both PLC and panelview. BTW's and BTR's configured both in the panelview and PLC. Other devices configured on the RIO a CM52 module, Jaguar scale interface, some RIO blocks. All other items function properly. BTR's and BTW's are working fine in the PLC completing. Rungs are: XIO BT9:12.EN XIO BT9:13.EN BTW BT9:12 XIO BT9:12.EN XIO BT9:13.EN BTW BT9:13 I didn't bother to fill in the config info above but they are both configured for a generic block transfer, rack 6 group 0, control block BT9:12 & BT9:13, Data file N263:0 & N263:49, Length 50. I can not see any reason why it is not working. All of my data is displaying fine on the PV550, but I still have the error banner at top(I was wrong when I first posted it is an error 664 PLC in Program Mode), and can not write data to the PLC.

I found my problem, went back down to the shop floor to verify correct info that I posted. Noticed the Reset Bit set in the Channel configuration on rack 6. This cleared the error 664 displayed on the PV and allowed me to write data. Thanks for the help.