Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon Mc

Fault 16# 0002 on 1756-DHRIO

6 posts in this topic

I have a 1756-DHRIO on a 1756 controllogix chassis, that is currently showing a minor fault of 16# 0002 No resources. I currently have Channel A on DH+ (flashing green light) and Channel B on RIO (light off) the OK light is flashing green as well. 

there is currently only one node (the module) set in DH+. from what i gather on the manual that list I/O faults there is not enough memory or enough connections on the module.

Does anyone know what could be causing the fault an how to clear it?

If you are only using the module for DH+, it doesn't need to be in the I/O tree at all.  

What you're describing is a module that's not doing anything.   If it was connected to a running DH+ network that channel LED would be steady green, and as you've said it's not connected to anything.

Is your program originating messages to DH+ devices via this module ?   If the module isn't connected to anything it obviously can't process DH+ messages and its buffers could have filled up if your messaging logic is re-triggering them without waiting for them to time out.

The specific error message you're seeing is usually associated with RIO adapters under the 1756-DHRIO's Scanner channel when the DHRIO is located in a remote rack over EtherNet/IP with Multicast enabled.  This is described in RA Knowledgebase article 567942.

1 person likes this

No, my programming is originating from a 1756-EN2TR which I see that might being causing it as the knowledge base you pointed out describes. I am not going to be using the DH+ but the RIO will connect to a 1794-ASB flex io adapter. 

Since I do not have the option for unicast for my RIO adapter (1794-ASB) in my IO tree is an additional Ethernet/IP module my only option? There is also a Devicenet module (unconnected to a network an will not be used) on the chassis as well could that be used to handle the excess IO? or am i miss understanding the problem?

I'm a little confused by your description, so let's take a bit of a step back and review.

Is the 1756-DHRIO in the same chassis with your ControlLogix CPU, or is it located in a chassis that is connected to the ControlLogix CPU via Ethernet and a 1756-EN2TR module ?

You *can* put DHRIO and DNB modules in remote chassis.    The amount of data that gets moved across the network is substantial, but it works.

The Unicast option won't be for the 1794-ASB entry in the I/O tree, but for the 1756-DHRIO entry itself.

1 person likes this

the 1756-DHRIO, The ethernet (1756-EN2TR) and the DNB are all on the same chassis. I connect to the Control logix CPU through the ethernet.

The end goal is to use the RIO potion of the DHRIO to connect to the 1794 ASB adapte.

I have Reset the module and the fault has been cleared and has not come back. I am still unsure of the cause of the initial cause.

thanks for your help.