Lacita

Sysmac Studio and Motoman Robot problems

30 posts in this topic

Hi sir

Any further news for this subject?

thanks

Greetings,

I also had this problem with a YRC1000 micro ethernet i/p comunications to an omron NX102.

I found the problem was in network configurator that the output and input instances need to be reversed from what is displayed in the Motoman controller.

(ie. in YRC 1000 input instance is 50 and output instance is 100 then in network configurator input instance needs to be 100 and output instance needs to be 50).

Andrew

1 person likes this

I am having the same issue with trying to connect an OMRON NX1P2 to a Yaskawa DX200 controller. The connection status says 01:0129 which states Invalid Configuration Application Path from the error code document. I have tried to change the configuration instance to 103 under the parameters of the target device in sysmac which references the EDS File from the Yaskawa controller. 
Is there a guide I can use to set this up?

Connection_Status_Error_Code.thumb.png.7

EtherNetIP_Error_Code_QuickStartGuide_en_201412_-QSG_-EIP_Error_V2-20_.pdf

Necroposting but I had the same problems with a DX200 and a NX controller. I posted this already in the Sysmac Studio request thread.

The error Sysmac was giving me is the same as the OP, Tag Data Link Connection Failed. And like the OP, all the parameters both from the robot and plc looked correct. The solution for me was to use CX Network Configurator. I set up the same connection settings inside Network Configurator and it worked instantly, but still learned a thing or two that I'm going to post. I can vouch for them.

• The configuration instance in the robot CAN NOT be 0.
  • The configuration size in the robot CAN NOT be 0.
  • Input and output size in the robot DOES NOT HAVE to be equal. I read this somewhere but it's not true.
  • You can mix types of variables in the plc as long as the total byte size is the same as in the robot. Mixing types of variables are not the source of the problem.

I don't know why but the DX200 does not work if the configuration instance and byte are 0. And I think this is the root of the problem - in Sysmac Studio there's no setting for configuration so the plc must be getting 0 as value. Worth noting that in a YRC1000 I had to do exactly this to make it work. I had to set 0 as configuration instance and size in the YRC cause it was the only way to establish the connection, further cementing my belief that all these issues arise from the ethernet/ip parameters that are missing in Sysmac Studio.

I'm aware there's a rather hidden menu where you can change more options (right click EDS file -> Edit). It's been discussed in this thread. But, still, setting all these parameters the same way as Network Configurator does not work. The same virtual configuration in NC works and in Sysmac doesn't. But I don't know if it's a bug of the current version.

Lastly, here are my settings that are currently working..

DX200

• INPUT SIZE: 8 BYTE
  • OUTPUT SIZE: 2 BYTE
  • CONFIGURATION SIZE: 1 WORD
  • INPUT INSTANCE: 101
  • OUTPUT INSTANCE: 102
  • CONFIGURATION INSTANCE: 103

NX1P2

Create the variables and tags and the rest of the connection. Send to controller.

6.thumb.png.4805bde5544aeb4b1f9de60a69b9

Create a Network Configurator project with the same configuration as in Sysmac Studio

637dfac2b2cda_1(2).png.425aba69bfdd82b452.png.0fbe88932b68b9a43c20c163290c65f8.p3.thumb.png.a7413e86cbf400671af1b10ac8884.thumb.png.1681423344a1b52dea25a5379ad15.png.11fb3357cebcdb1856345908145d1477.p

Send to PLC and don't forget to reboot. It won't take the changes if you don't power it off.

Edited by viman