Lacita

Sysmac Studio and Motoman Robot problems

30 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm trying to connect my PLC (NX1P2) to Motoman Robot through Ethernet. I follow the instructions but it's not work. This is my setup procedure:

1. In PLC:

- I check my IP Address of my PLC, it's: 192.168.1.10 and I test connection in "Controller => Communication Setup => Ethernet Communication Test => Test OK"

- I add the EDS file of Motoman Robot (created from DX200 Controller) with address: 192.168.1.22

1.png

- Create 2 Global Varibles to test Input and Ouput: 

4.PNG

- Create Tag Set and Tag

3.PNG2.PNG

- Add device to Connection

5.PNG

- Build and Tranfer

6.PNG

- And this is the error

7.PNG

2. This is my setup in DX200 Controller of Motoman Robot

8.jpg78.jpg

Please help me solve this..

Edited by Lacita

Try making your Input and Output variables arrays of bytes, 16 bytes each.  If that works, then you can create a union that is either an array of bytes or an array of bits.  

10 minutes ago, Michael Walsh said:

Try making your Input and Output variables arrays of bytes, 16 bytes each.  If that works, then you can create a union that is either an array of bytes or an array of bits.  

Is this what you mean?

But the Error is the same.

In the old Project, I used to connect successful. I think I missed some step..

a1.PNG

a2.PNG

a3.PNG

a4.PNG

Double check Motoman's definition of Input and Output instance values. Generally the Inputs and Outputs are referred to from the Master's (NX) perspective. If this is the case then you have them reversed.

@Lacita what about this page in DX200?

Untitled.jpg.5549b1ffe5d00eaa202d33178f8

1 hour ago, innoaloe said:

@Lacita what about this page in DX200?

Untitled.jpg.5549b1ffe5d00eaa202d33178f8

Yah It's look exactly like your image.

I really appreciate your help.

Edited by Lacita

2 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

Double check Motoman's definition of Input and Output instance values. Generally the Inputs and Outputs are referred to from the Master's (NX) perspective. If this is the case then you have them reversed.

My English is not good, so I dont sure what you mean. The instance value for input, output and config I take from some example of Motoman Ethernet Guide Documents.

I also try reverse tag set in NX (Input: 101, Ouput: 102). But the error still there.

Thank you very much for replying me.

I don't think the issue is with In/Out being reversed.
How about the External IO Allocation page in the DX200? I believe it should be set up prior to generating the EDS otherwise NX1P2 will not know to which physical memory the 128 bits is to be read/write.

Capture.JPG.7f45ac1bcfc8b2d202517c1019fd

3 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

I don't think the issue is with In/Out being reversed.
How about the External IO Allocation page in the DX200? I believe it should be set up prior to generating the EDS otherwise NX1P2 will not know to which physical memory the 128 bits is to be read/write.

Capture.JPG.7f45ac1bcfc8b2d202517c1019fd

I left my working place so I cant check it right now for sure.

But I can remember, because I setup this based on the Motoman guide documents, so it looks like your image. Except the External IO Allocation Screen has 1 more line (last line) and dont relate to the Ethernet. And I also create EDS files after these steps.

My only thought would be that I once had a problem getting a unit to work when using Synchronize to send the settings to the EIP.  I actually did it from the Ethernet setup screen using the Transfer to Controller button at the bottom and it fixed itself.

7 hours ago, Crossbow said:

My only thought would be that I once had a problem getting a unit to work when using Synchronize to send the settings to the EIP.  I actually did it from the Ethernet setup screen using the Transfer to Controller button at the bottom and it fixed itself.

Is this that button you remind. (In this image it's disable because I dont connect with PLC)

I also try this, but it's not work :( 

b1.png

What is this table means guys. I thought it's ethernet parameter for Robot. But the Output Instance if I fill 102 (as setup in Robot), it will not true in Target Variable...

b2.PNG

It's basically the EDS file itself, in a human readable form.

The naming conventions can be confusing since different vendor uses different naming sometimes. In this case, in the DX200 we have OUTPUT Instance 102 and INPUT Instance 101. My guess it means 102 are the memory instance to be sent to PLC and the 101 is the memory instance that need to read from PLC.

In the NX1P side, Omron naming convention is always seen from the PLC side as the Scanner / Master unit. So the meaning of the INPUT Instance in Sysmac Studio actually refers to the memory instance on the DX200 that sends data to NX1P (Output in DX200 :)). That's why it is 102. The same applies for the OUTPUT Instance which is 101.

Edited by innoaloe

22 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

It's basically the EDS file itself, in a human readable form.

The naming conventions can be confusing since different vendor uses different naming sometimes. In this case, in the DX200 we have OUTPUT Instance 102 and INPUT Instance 101. My guess it means 102 are the memory instance to be sent to PLC and the 101 is the memory instance that need to read from PLC.

In the NX1P side, Omron naming convention is always seen from the PLC side as the Scanner / Master unit. So the meaning of the INPUT Instance in Sysmac Studio actually refers to the memory instance on the DX200 that sends data to NX1P (Output in DX200 :)). That's why it is 102. The same applies for the OUTPUT Instance which is 101.

So my setup was right yah? But the error still there.

Maybe tomorrow I will try again with this setup, and dont transfer tag setting in synchronize (and dont tick to last option in this window) but transfer in connection window like Crossbow said.

Please let me know if you regconize something wrong :(

Edited by Lacita

There is the I/O Configuration tab on the bottom of the screenshot you sent, which I rarely seen in EDS Parameter. Try checking out what's inside that

2 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

There is the I/O Configuration tab on the bottom of the screenshot you sent, which I rarely seen in EDS Parameter. Try checking out what's inside that

Yah there it is! Default is all 0 (like Parameters tab), these number I filled when trying to find some solutions for this error.

b3.PNG

Hi guys, today I back to my working place.

I tried Crossbow's way, transfer by Transfer to Controller button in Ethernet Connection Setting Screen, but dont solve anything.

Do you have any idea? :(

Do I need setup something in Scanner setup of DX200?

I DID IT GUYS!!!!!

Should I post a topic guide to solve this problem?

Unbelievable I can solve this. Before this project, I dont have any knowledge about communication. Unbelievable.

Good to know you have solved the problem. And regarding Scanner, I don't think you need to since in this case the NX1P is the Scanner, so your DX200 must be set as the Adapter.

It's a good thing if you can share a guide to solve this issue. Maybe someone will be in need of it, although no one's is pushing you to do so. Feel free if you feel like it. At minimum maybe you can tell what's the main cause of the problem you've faced before :)

Hello Lacita

I am try to connect NX1p and DX200 too but i have error same as you. Is it possible tell what is my problem and how can i solve it?

thanks

hello Innoaloe

Can you help me  for solve it? i think Lacita come very late to this site.

Thanks

On 3/24/2018 at 8:30 PM, Lacita said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!!!

Should I post a topic guide to solve this problem?

Unbelievable I can solve this. Before this project, I dont have any knowledge about communication. Unbelievable.

It is really cool! How did you do this?

1 person likes this