garlanov

rsview32 works

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Im wondering why my rsview 32 works project is not connecting to my SLC5 plc program?

Its just a test program on the bench

configured the driver correctly, rslinx running, node is configured correctly, built a few tags.

Trying to test run them in works, not activating my plc tag bits.

Do I require the activation license just to do a test run in works?

How do you confirm your rsview works project is communicating with your PLC in remote run?

Edited by garlanov

My guess is you need to activate RsView32. How would AB know the difference between a "test" and actual production?

If you are using RSLinx Classic as the data server (most do) then RSLinx needs to be activated in some way to serve data to RSView32.     RSLinx Lite, the no-activation version that will let RSLogix connect to controllers, won't serve data to any HMI or other software.

Why are you building a new RSView32 program ?   The software has been obsolete for a decade and won't run on any modern 64-bit OS.

We still have RsView32 running in some of our processes

I will have to check what version of RsLinx is running (classic, or lite).

It is RsView32  7.01 32k

Its probably not activated on the computer I'm working with

I will try making a test page on the station that is currently running RsView32 runtime and works with our process.

I would like to make a few changes on the current Runtime program, currently running.

That is why I was trying to do a bench test

I was trying to make a test program on a laptop with rsview32 works and rslinx.

It lets you do everything, configure the driver, configure the node (sees the node in Linx), create tags, configure buttons to point to bits in the rsLogix 500 online program, but in test mode it does not change the state of the bits in the PLC pogram.

Edited by garlanov