Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malyalewariat

CX-Configurator CJ1W-PRM21 connection problems.

6 posts in this topic

Hi again.

I'm trying to make profibus connection between CJ2M and "Bosch Rexroth HF03 Manifold 12 Station DeviceNet Bus Box".

After configuration I/O table in cx-Programmer and up[loading it to plc I've tried to configure settings in CX-Configurator. I've set up correct connection parameters of cj1w-prm profibus master. When I use "Test" option or just go online I get errors: "Communication Failure with unit" and "CX-server cound not be initialized".
Am I missing CX-Server? I don't have this software installed on pc...

When i try to use scan option i get another error:

"Scanning failed, DTM returned an error for the request.
Following DTM reported the error:
Tag: CJ1W-PRM21 PROFIBUS Master
Name:CJ1W-PRM21 PROFIBUS Master (Version V1.xx)

Vendor OMRON Corporation.:

Any advices? I can't find any good manual for CX-Configurator but i get CX-Profibus manual - is it interchangeable? Because i can see  some same options in both.

Regards!

•  

Bosch Rexroth HF03 Manifold 12 Station DeviceNet Bus Box

This is a Devicenet slave, not a Profibus slave.  You need a CJ1M-DRM21-V1 master.

I'm almost sure that this bosch unit provides profibus connection.

I've made mistake, because communication module is diffirent than I mentioned before.

http://www.ist-import-export.de/Bosch-Rexroth-RM65M-Comnet-DP-RM65M-16DP-F-1827030116-211

This module has COMNET-DP except DeviceNet printed on the top.

It is profibus slave.

What about those errors? I have no idea. Anytihng I  should verify, check?

Edited by malyalewariat

Depending on your CJ1W-PRM21 version (latest is 3.0 I think) you might need to upgrade your CX-ConfiguratorFDT in order to make it work.

CX-Server is a middleware that is installed along with other software during CX-One installation.

So many communication protocols to choose. I was sure that I've tried all but I didn't. It supposed to be toolbus(usb) in configuration tab, and now i can use test, and go online options without any errors.

I can now use diagnostic option and I can see states of plc and module.

But still I can't scan in order to find connected slaves. Help!

diag.png

error scan.png

Again... what version is your PRM21? And does your CX-Configurator contains a DTM Version for that model or not?
Seeing the scan returns error with DTM version 1.0, I think your CX-Configurator is an outdated version. Try to run the AutoUpdate so you'll get a newer version (if you have a registered copy)