Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dipen_95

Sending Data from Excel to NJ501

4 posts in this topic

I currently have certain amount of Recipe data located in form of Excel file on to a PC with static IP address. Is there a way to get that data inside the Nj501 without using an SQL server as I currently have NJ501-1300 which doesn't support SQL. I am okay to send data to the SD card I currently have on NJ PLC as it is easy to get data from SD card to the NJ501. 
If there is any example code or a link that helps me create i would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

FYI: I am currently using NB10 HMI with NJ PLC.

You can use the FTP Server inside NJ. Of course in order for it to work you need to have a working FTP Client on the PC side (like FileZilla for example).
The idea is that NJ requesting the said file when needed, and copy it to SD Card plugged-in to it.
Then, you need to use file operations function blocks to read the file inside the SD Card.

Thanks for the reply @innoaloe.

One more question is there any predefined function block to exchange data between NJ and PC or do I have to create a custom one.

10 hours ago, dipen_95 said:

Thanks for the reply @innoaloe.

One more question is there any predefined function block to exchange data between NJ and PC or do I have to create a custom one.

Sysmac Studio already have both FTP file transer and the File Reading function blocks. You can utilize them directly.
IIRC FTP one should be under "Communication" library, and File Reading should be under "File Operations" (or was it SDCard... I don't remember. But they're exist)

Edited by innoaloe