Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroide

Micrologix and Sick Inspector?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Friends

I need to control a sick inspector I40 (VSPI) over Ethernet.

I have seen that it is posible with a CompactLogix, but I have a Micrologix 1100 and 1400.

Do you know if is it posible to control with a Micrologix?

Do you have a sample program o documentation about how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by asteroide

MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 both utilize RSLogix500, an I/O-point development package

All ComactLogix processors utilize RSLogix/Studio 5000, a tag-based development package

Sick Inspector VSPI is an Ethernet/IP-based 2D vision scanner

MicroLogix 1100 supports Ethernet/IP networking for peer-to-peer messaging (explicit CIP messaging with MSG block)

CompactLogix processors communicate via Ethernet/IP utilizing client/server connections

I could not complete the research to verify if the Sick Inspector VSPI supports Modbus TCP over Ethernet.  It appears this vision scanner is Ethernet/IP only; you need a controller that supports Ethernet/IP with implicit messaging.  https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/downloads/rockwellautomation/pdf/sales-partners/technology-licensing/eipexp1_2.pdf

The 1100 won't support Modbus TCP and I think only the B version of the 1400 does.

You can do a CIP generic which normally will do want you need.

Thanks for your responses.

According with the user manual:

Micrologix 1100 Ethernet protocols: EtherNet/IP messaging only

Micrologix 1400 Ethernet protocols: EtherNet/IP messaging, DNP3 over IP and Modbus TCP/IP

I have a ML1400 that I could use instead of ML1100.

I have attached an image that is the configuration that I should use with a CompactLogix, according with some tutorials that I have found at internet.

How should I configure it in Micrologix?

How do I select Data-SINT?, service  custom, read, write o what else?

How should I configure all of them?

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

PIM60_CompactLogix.jpg

PIM60_ML1400.jpg

Edited by asteroide

This is where Sick's literature will drive your configuration, it is not a Rockwell/Allen-Bradley decision.  I have seen Generic Ethernet module configurations of Type INT or SINT; the hardware manufacturer (Sick) will specify what works for them.  Then you need to know the number of input & output words and the instance numbers.

I found a Sick blog that suggests...Type-SINT, input instance-105, size-124; output instance-100, size-4; Config instance-1, size-0.  In the Connection tab, turn ON Use Unicast Connection Over Ethernet/IP.  http://sickusablog.com/easily-obtain-inspector-vision-sensor-data-ethernetip/