Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderboutin

communicate with slc5/04

4 posts in this topic

I want to communicate with my slc5/04 but I have a big problem. The rs232 port is buzzy for communication(master) with a other plc. the dh+ is buzzy to communicate with a pc and it's impossible to install rs-logix in this pc how i can communicate with my plc ?

probably the most flexible plan is to provide DH+ capability on your new "programming" computer ... but this is usually not cheap ... if your budget is big enough, check into a 1784-PCMK card (for a laptop) or 1784-KTX or 1784-PKTX (for a desktop) ... once your new computer has a DH+ connection available, then you can "daisy-chain" it right onto the existing DH+ network ... big idea: DH+ can easily handle more than two stations at a time ... so what size budget do you have? ... the list price for any of the solutions I've given is about $1500 to $2000 ... if this is too steep, then post again and give us ALL of the details about what type of hardware, computers, etc. you have available to work with ... maybe we can come up with something cheaper ... good luck ... Ron Edited by Ron Beaufort

If you go this route, get the 1784-PCMC; this is the PCMK card with cabel and adapter. If you just order the 1784-PCMK, you will get the card only. The adapter (DB-9F to 8-pin mini-DIN) will allow you to access the DH+ port (CH. 1) via the round DIN connector without disrupting the existing connection on CH. 1.

good catch, mgvol ... it's been awhile since I've worked for Mc&Mc (AB distributor) and I'd completely forgotten to mention that very important point ... thanks for keeping things on track ... Ron