machinebuilder

mitsubishi software

12 posts in this topic

GWWorks3 has to be the worse software on the market. I program quite a few plcs and this is the worse. What a waste of my money. Help files are no help. Took hours just to find out how to add a timer. Still can not get around the software. Wow, with all the different plcs on the market why would anyone want to use Mitsubishi? AT 650 bucks for software, not a good option.

I am going to rip out the plc and replace it with some other brand. It came  equipment from China.

1 person likes this

Sorry don;t agree at all

Can you be more specific a timer is very easy ?
There is even free e-learning for those who don't know how to use it.
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/eng.html

I freaking love the new Help files system (e-manual viewer). Easy updates, bookmarks ... What don't you like?

Edited by Gambit

I agree Gambit 100%

Really. Using GXWorks3. Me and my buddy spent over 3 hours fumbling around. Never did find out how to enter a rung. We wrote a small program and some odd reason there are numbers to the left looks like octal numbering. Tried to insert a rung and can not. Can add rows or columns but not rungs.  Fumbling around found out how to label one of the elements such as X0 for example.  Finally we gave up and replaced the PLC. How many years did you take to learn the software? We both have experience with Automation Direct products, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Panasonic, IAI, and a couple more and this has to be the worse programming of them all. It was a FX series plc.

Hate bashing a company, but we will not be using Mitsubishi.

With all the plcs out there giving software away free... I spent 650 bucks on this software. Well the company did.

Sounds like brand new melsoft user...;-)

You can even look on YouTube for some tutorials so simple.

15 hours ago, machinebuilder said:

Me and my buddy spent over 3 hours fumbling around. Never did find out how to enter a rung. We wrote a small program and some odd reason there are numbers to the left looks like octal numbering. Tried to insert a rung and can not. Can add rows or columns but not rungs.  Fumbling around found out how to label one of the elements such as X0 for example.  Finally we gave up and replaced the PLC. How many years did you take to learn the software? We both have experience with Automation Direct products, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Panasonic, IAI, and a couple more and this has to be the worse programming of them all. It was a FX series plc.

I won't go into detail because all of it is very easy  but you say you have all this experience with all these brands but ... 

Fumbling around found out how to label one of the elements such as X0 for example

Are you serious ??? you had a problem finding the word label in the navigation menu ????
You have to be joking .....

label.JPG

Edited by Gambit

I came from using Yaskawa and Omron PLC, and learned the mitsubishi in about 6 minutes.   One look at the Insert menu will show you every keyboard shortcut you will need

InsertMenu.JPG

The saying is: throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Don't bother.. he just dropped the gun and ran away!;-)

Or Homer Simpsons advice to Bart

If at first you don't succeed, never try again.

On 12.03.2018 г. at 4:00 PM, machinebuilder said:

GWWorks3 has to be the worse software on the market. I program quite a few plcs and this is the worse. What a waste of my money. Help files are no help. Took hours just to find out how to add a timer. Still can not get around the software. Wow, with all the different plcs on the market why would anyone want to use Mitsubishi? AT 650 bucks for software, not a good option.

I am going to rip out the plc and replace it with some other brand. It came  equipment from China.

You're probably joking!