moosetracks

Power flex 525 amps data

3 posts in this topic

We are using a 525 to run a saw blade.  I was wanting to read the amp draw to find out when the blade is actually cutting.  It sort of works, but the amp draw doesn’t seem to be the best way to do this.  There is either delay in the data or the amps are not dropping as soon as it is out of the cut. 

I was curious if you knew of a better way to find this information?   Is there a drive parameter we could read that would give us a more accurate feel for when the motor is cutting?  Do you guys have any suggestions for how to accomplish this?

I agree with Andrew.

I'm assuming that you are looking at parameter 3 - Output Current.

Let's assume that when the blade is not engaged, the motor, probably running in Freq/Hz Mode, is reading a certain number of amps.  Then when engaged with the material, you are seeing a higher amperage.

Not that I have ever done this, but would or could you look at parameter 382 - Torque Current?  Maybe it it more "reactive" or faster to see as a feedback.  Worth a try, maybe even create a trend display with both the Output Current and the Torque Current and run a few cycles of the cut.