Matsuo

CP1L-M30 and Hyberterminal with serial port (RS232C port 1)

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I need to sent data between PLC CP1L-M30 and  Hyberterminal with serial port (RS232C port 1) ,but there isn't data show up . something is wrong?

Could you advise me?

my ladder as belowSNHUnv.png

SNHMjP.png

The cable is not a regular serial cable.  It requires a special pinout.  Did you purchase or make the correct cable?  Can you show the data that is in D11?  You are sending 3 bytes, I can tell that D10 has a value of "H:" in it, but cannot see the third byte.  I assume that hyperterminal has the same RS232 settings as the serial port on the PLC?  Lastly, what is the dip switch set to for serial port 1 (pin 4 on the dip switch, it should be off)?

Thanks Michael Walsh for reply me.

1. Serial cable => I use Notebook , i use RS232 to USB converter (I think connect pin is incorrect,it cannot modify)

2.Number of byte to sent => i mistake, it should be 2 byte.

3.Did switch pin 4  => it set OFF

Right now, I think use RS485 serial board (CP1W-CIF11) and RS485 to USB converter, is it work? or there are another way.

29 minutes ago, Matsuo said:

Thanks Michael Walsh for reply me.

1. Serial cable => I use Notebook , i use RS232 to USB converter (I think connect pin is incorrect,it cannot modify)

2.Number of byte to sent => i mistake, it should be 2 byte.

3.Did switch pin 4  => it set OFF

Right now, I think use RS485 serial board (CP1W-CIF11) and RS485 to USB converter, is it work? or there are another way.

1.  Is there a cable between the USB to RS232 converter?  This is the cable that is not standard.

Are you communicating to the RS485 module (CIF11) or to an RS232 module?  Maybe a simple drawing to show what you are doing would be helpful.

13 minutes ago, Michael Walsh said:

1.  Is there a cable between the USB to RS232 converter?  This is the cable that is not standard.

Are you communicating to the RS485 module (CIF11) or to an RS232 module?  Maybe a simple drawing to show what you are doing would be helpful.

1.There isn't a cable between the USB to RS232 converter , it just direct connection.

2. In reality , I need to communication between PLC  and Counter board(it use RS485  , production board)

PLC <----------------> RS485<------------>Counter board

but Right now, I have RS232 serial board only for testing, i have no RS485.

Edited by Matsuo

6 minutes ago, Matsuo said:

1.There isn't a cable between the USB to RS232 converter , it just direct connection.

2. In reality , I need to communication between PLC  and Counter board(it use RS485  , production board)

PLC <----------------> RS485<------------>Counter board

but Right now, I have RS232 serial board only for testing, i have no RS485.

1.  Unless you purchased this from Omron (or if it is specifically designed to work with an Omron PLC), it will not work.  I am not aware of an Omron USB / serial cable (but that does not mean that it does not exist).

This is what the CW1W-CIF01 looks pinout looks like:

5aa165cc8cb06_CP1W-CIF01pinout.jpg.ee10b

and therefore needs this cable from a PC port to the serial port:

5aa16624a6fa1_OmronSerial.jpg.939382c2ea