Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ounheuan

can't download panel view800 software version8.0.0 please help

12 posts in this topic

You need to click the + next to the Ethernet. Then scroll down to your HMI. You can only download to the hmi icon.

i try but still can not. on panel view 800  i use IP 192.168.10.2 but on pc can not browsing, my computer pc use IP 192.168.10,10

Click on the Ethernet and take a picture and post it here as well.

And you have your gateway on your PC set to 192.168.10.254?

Forgive me, but there are no red X's, rather just yellow ?'s in Enterprise.  Looks to me like he just doesn't have the EDS files to make it a valid destination.

Never used PV800 or CCW, but do you actually create an MER and transfer. Making me think he's trying to download FT ME file to a device that doesn't use ME.  Seems to me the application used to be created on the terminal using a browser.

Edited by pcmccartney1

3 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Forgive me, but there are no red X's, rather just yellow ?'s in Enterprise.  Looks to me like he just doesn't have the EDS files to make it a valid destination.

I'm an idiot. I was used to our setup where everything was on the xxx.xxx.xxx.3 network. I looked at it as if he couldn't even see the HMI. D'oh.

He can go to RsLinx and should be able to right click and upload the Eds because it is an AB product. If AB plays nice that is.

Thanks for seeing my error there pcmccartney. (face palms self...)

Not to harp on it, but I don't think you can create an application in FactoryTalk View Machine Edition and download an MER to a PV800.  I think you need to use Connected Components Workbench and transfer your application from there.

25 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Not to harp on it, but I don't think you can create an application in FactoryTalk View Machine Edition and download an MER to a PV800.  I think you need to use Connected Components Workbench and transfer your application from there.

It does look like he's trying to use FT View Studio, which does not support the PV800 as far as I know (I tried it real quick and it doesn't let me pick the PV800). He needs CCW (free download):

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/connected-components/workbench.page?#tab1

1 person likes this

Thanks for all you replies . i will try download ccw software