Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Perion

Help! Need info on IMC-120

3 posts in this topic

We're in a huge bind. We have an old IMC-120 (1771-HS) motion control module in a PLC-5 rack, controlling an Indramat servo drive. I suspect this controller may be our problem but have only the installation manual - no help in troubleshooting. If anyone has any technical manuals (programming, parameters, etc) for these controllers or on the ODS software for them, please let me know via email at perion666@hotmail.com. Also looking for a user manual for a 1771-HD pendant control for the IMC-120. This could aid us in troubleshooting. [We can't just replace the IMC-120 right now - we don't have the right ODS software to transfer the programming and parameters]. [This will problem will cause us to run out of connecting rods for our engine production line in another two days] Perion Edited by Perion

That's definitely a bind. Those controllers are so old that A-B doesn't publish the manuals for them online anymore. I even purged my library of them a couple of years ago. I will check my Manuals-On-Line CD's in the morning too see if I have an electronic copy of the IMC-120 manual. I don't think you can wait for anyone to ship you one. It's probably fastest and best to get Rockwell GMS on the phone right away.

a Google search for some of the model numbers you listed turned up quite a few hits ... seem to be several companies offering repairs and/or used units for sale ... good luck ...