Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machinebuilder

Getting Software

5 posts in this topic

HI, I have a plc, MELSEC FX3SA-20MR. I see Allied Electronics has software but I am not sure if it is the correct one. It is listed as: Mitsubishi GX developer FX software

Mfr. Part#:
GX DEVELOPER FX
  I did not realize it is hard to get software. I can not find a Distributor or Locate a number to call Mitsubishi.

IN Any case, with the listed software from Allied work?

Mitsubishi has many distributors, and is fairly easy to locate.  Not sure the issue.

https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/

They have distributors all over the US.

These days, get GX Works2 or GX Works3, GX Developer is older software.

Do contact a Mitsubishi distributor as this is a Chinese made PLC for the "low cost" Asian market.

They can direct you to what software you need, but my guess is that you need at least GX Works 2.

Thank you. I finally found the software. I was surprised Allied Electronics sells the FX version only. I clicked on the Mitsubishi link and whala. Found Moxley Electronics in PA. The lastest software is GX Works 3. It will do all the plcs. $650.

I have to call him back because I am not sure if the programming cable comes with the software.

Bryll your comment on Asian markets makes sense now as the equipment purchased was from China.

Cables don't come with the software.  There's too many different PLCs with different programming ports.