Cegge

Newly added tags won't show up in ME

8 posts in this topic

Any new tags I add in studio 5000 the HMI project shortcut cannot locate the tags, it says unresolved route to processor. It's the same shortcut all of the other tags are using. Please help. 

This happens after I download to the HMI panel. It says route unresolved or something

Is it possible that you tagged the HMI objects to the offline file.  Maybe try go back to Studio and trying to update your connections by pointing to the "Online" tag/server of the physical PLC and it's downloaded program.

Maybe not have 2 posts 9 minutes apart about the same thing!

1 person likes this

I apologize for posting twice about the same thing. I thought I had done the first one wrong. I have never used a public forum before. I did find the solution. When I had move studio 5000/rslogix to the new computer the default tag scope was set to just that program instead of the entire controller. That's why the new tags wouldn' show up. I just created new tags with the scope of the controller.

For future reference, your PV+ HMI can reach program scoped tags just fine. When you are in the tag browser in ME Studio, under the "online" folder, scroll down to "Program:xxxx", where "xxxx" is the name of the program. Your program-scoped tags will be there:

TagBrowser2.PNG.a5ddac8eeb1c800893f64ba8

Thank you Joe. I will definitely keep that in mind.