Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

CC link Cable

5 posts in this topic

Dear All, Anyone knows, Could we use any cable to connect to link between CC Link module? Thanks & best regards Steve

A lot depends upon network distance and the criticality of the network. I have used ordinary three core screened cable for a small distance network with no problems. If you contact Mitsubishi, they will give you the spec for the proper cable, though I believe that they don't sell it direct.

We have used a Belden 9925 equivalent cable all over our site that used to be specified by Mitsubishi reps. They now specify a red cable but we have not used it as it is more expensive. Occasionally we have used normal 3 core cable for short distances on a temporary basis without any problems. PS Our temporary solutions tend to become permanent and we have had no problems.

Just call your Mitsubishi distributor and get BA1SJ61-S. This cable is for signal only. BA1SJ61-P has two more conductors for power. It is much thicker than the BA1SJ61-S and although I've bought it, we never used it, BA1SJ61-S was better choice. Mentioned cables are approved and recommended by www.cc-link.org and our customers insist on it because they want standard wire colors as specified by the standard etc. Jacket is red which really makes easy to recognise it. If you don't have to follow anything like that don't worry - you can use any 3 conductor cable with overal shield (profibus cable for example...). Actually I find CC-Link to be far less sensitive than DeviceNet for example. For shorter runs (15-20 feet) I was making it work with regular TEW wire running on the floor, no shield and no terminator resistors. This is not recommended wiring practice, just a quick fix to make things run. Three conductor shielded cable from surpluss store around corner will do much better job. Demands on cable quality increase with the size and speed of the network and if you have any concerns, just get the BA1SJ61-S and be done with it. It really doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Hi Friends, Thank you for all your advice. I have ever used "Belden" data communication cable for link between Melsecnet / 10, and it's works. OK, I will advice the user to buy the same cable I used, for 500 meters. These plc is separate for 500 meter long. Thank & best regards steve