Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Touil soufiane

URGENT !!!!!: Controling several PLCs with a single PC

2 posts in this topic

Hi PLC community, 

i'm working on a project with Omron PLC CJ1M CPU 12, my topic is to control 5 PLCs (CJ1M CPU 12) with one PC .

the current state is :- each PLC is controled with one PC , and each one of them order an automatic insertion machine.

- each machine contains a proximity sensor ( BALOGH) that detecte the reference of the PCB( metalic card)

there is a sort of communication between the PC , the PLC and the proximity sensor :

from what i understood already , the proximity sensor detecte the reference of the metalic card , which is connected with the omron PLC (CJ1M CPU 12) , and finally there is a serial connection between the PC and the PLC that circulate the information given by the proximity sensor , the PC contain an application ( i don't have the source code) that compare the information given by the plc via serial connection and charge the suitable coordinates in the PLC in order to place the electronic component in correct place.

this instructions done by each PC that control his PLC.

any solution to generalize the work done by 5 PCs , with one and only PC ?? 

Hope it's all clair and have a response as soon as possible .

Regards.  

Not sure understand but each PC communicate with serial line to each PLC. You want only one PC for doing the same?

You need 5 serial ports on a PC. You can add a 8 serial port PCIe card to the PC. Your application must support multiple execution path.

Regards,