jydepower

A little input on a few things needed

13 posts in this topic

Hallo.

Im hoping someone can shed some light on these topics.
The company im working for have been using gx developer iec 7.04 for ages.
The setup we have been using is QxUDE plc with beijer HMI and FR-E700 inverters on profibus.
Recently(finally) we have been forced to start using gx works 2 because of newer plcs.
With new software come new questions as always. And since im feeling we have been hanging in old software for too long. I want to make sure we are up to date this time.

The setup we plan on using is QxUDV cpu, CC-link ie (QJ71GF11-T2), FR-A800 inverters and GOT 2000 for HMI

I have made a few project in siemens and TIA portal. And software wise it has always annoyed me, that mitsubishi lacked the same integrated software package as siemens. This made me discover navigator. With system labels navigator makes the variable control, hardware setup and project overview im missing from siemens possible. My question to navigator is. Does people use this? i dont see much about it on the forum? is it already outdated?

Gx works 2 or 3
Again i cant figure out what is new and what is old. What are the pros and con for choosing either?

CC-link ie or CC-link
From internet reading. I find that IE is the newest and faster CC-link version? Is the classic CC-link on the way out? If not why should i choose IE over classic?
When setting up CC-link IE in navigator i dont get the same hardware in the catalog as CC-link. To setup inverters i need to user general intelligent device station. Whereas in cc-link i can choose FR-inverters. Is this the way it works? or can hardware catalogs be updated somehow?

Blocks for FR-A800
Maybe its just me. but i really think the search function on the mitsubishi download page is crap.
When i filter QPLC i get LPLC etc. ive been trying to find some blocks to control inverters without luck. Do i start creating it myself or can you point me in the right direction?

I know these are a lot of mixes questions. But i feel we have been non-efficient for years because of bad software choices.
Hope someone can shed some light one these points.

Well i do use the navigator. It's just for the global tag database alone it is useful but I like to add documents etc. So I have everything in one place.
p.s. You can use iQ-app portal for project storing

GX works 2 is for all the controllers before iQ-F and iQ-R for these plc types you need GX works 3.

CC-Link.
CC-Link IE is industrial ethernet 1GBPS so If you can choose i would go for that, standard ethernet cables and just much faster.
Both networks have profiles for setting up in the PLC controller. You can download them if there not available in your software yet

Which FB do you need for CC-Link or IE? 

I would look at iQ-R. Hardware costs are lower. for instance R04REN has the CC-Link IE Field module. already and is sold for the same price as the R04CPU in NL.

Thanks for the replies gambit. Seems like I’m on the correct path the.  

The block I was looking for is for cc-link ie

I do not think there is one yet for  CC-Link IE Field yet.

However the communication is the same way as CC-Link. So it should be easy enough for Mitsubishi to change it to IE.
Have you asked your sales contact in Denmark?

I actually have my hands on a working block. It’s from a friend of a colleague. However in this block the b registers use 48 points and the w registers use 32 points. So it takes op a lot of space. I haven’t studied the block yet. But when I drag a fr inverter i at classic cc link it’s takes a lot less points. So made me want to find a original basic block. To see what is needed just to run with basic stuff. Then modify it to my needs. 

The danish local sellers know less than us. Since they started selling Mitsubishi recently when Beijer and Mitsubishi stopped working together. Before our local seller was Beijer. 

Should be easy enough. Besides if you only want to dun the basic you really do not need a FB anyway.
CC-Link in basic mode uses 4 word register end 32 bits which are already setup for STF STR and frequence monitoring.
It's only when you want to get some data like AMPs that you have to send a control word.

If something is not clear just let me know

Edited by Gambit

Just thought of something. You do know that the new FR-A800 series have ethernet on board. FR-A800E.
This Ethernetcard supports CC-Link IE Field Basic (IP based) which you can do via the standard Ethernet port of the PLC controller. QnUDV,  iQ-F or iQ-R.
It's not 1Gbps but if you're just running a few drives .... from a control point o view it works the same

Did you find the FR-A800 profiles for CC-Link IE / Basic

Edited by Gambit

We have made one project with the new setup. First we wanted to use the e model. But we ended up using a cc link ie interface card for the inverter. Because the e module only had one Ethernet port I believe. And also the my colleague couldn’t get the block to work. I really want to use the e model because of cost price  

So I don’t know. All I know is I’m up next. And want to be more prepared than the last project was. 

Well if you ever do want to use the e type I have an example for you.
Most likely the control IP address wasn't setup in the inverter than you only get the info but cannot control it.

Did you find the FR-A800 profiles for CC-Link IE / Basic

Do you mean inside navigator when you say profiles? I think I did but there are no inverters in IE. in the last project they used something called general intelligent device station. And set points manually. Should there be inverters in the profile? And what if I use the interface module FR-A8NC?

1 person likes this

Navigator or CC-Link (IE Field(basic)) network setting wehn you use the config window to create your stations.

There are profiles for all CC-Link station types. They should be on your last DVD

0x0001_FR-A800-E_1_en.CSPP.zip

0x0001_FR-A800-GF_1_en.CSPP.zip

0x0001_FR-F800-E_1_en.CSPP.zip

Capture.JPG

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Got the profiles installed. Thanks for the help and inputs gambit.

you're welcome