omi jha

Does NX and NJ series support absolute addressing or symbolic or both?

7 posts in this topic

Does NX and NJ series support absolute addressing or symbolic or both?

Which addressing is better for this?

Thanks,

Omi

The symbolic addressing is a must, but then you can specify the absolute addresses for every variables you've generated.

In the variables table (Internal or Global doesn't matter) you can look at the "AT" column. It will typically filled automatically if you are mapping a variable to an I/O point. If your variable is just a  memory resides in the CPU, you can give absolute address same with the naming conventions in CX-One PLCs, like %0.00, %D0, %W0, etc.

i want to just read/ write the memory adress of the plc through a tag. is absolute addressing is sufficient. do i need to use symbolic for this as well? please respond to clear it.

By Tag, I'm assuming you're about to communicate via Ethernet/IP then?

If you are using Tag, you don't need Absolute Address. Just use the Symbolic One and the Symbol Name will be the Tag Name. The variables should be Global Variables. In the variable table you also need to set the Publish Status of each variable that you want to read/write through Tag

yes i want to communicate over ethernet/ip. but the problem is i need to support many other plcs such as CS1 omron series and it does not support symbolic adress.it only support absolute adressing . so i want to give a common adressing that is absoulte for all, otherwise i have to give absolute and symbolic according to plc . what u suggest ? 

When you are programming with Sysmac Studio you will need to give Symbol Names to any variable you created anyway. There is no helping that.
If you want Absolute Addressing, your best bet is to specify the Absolute Address in the AT variable of each Symbols after you created them.

Then, to map the variables by their Absolute Address, use the Network Configurator software (should be included with Sysmac Studio).
With this software you can create Tag Names using the Absolute Address, even for NX/NJ PLCs, although in order to do this you must create each Tag manually.

The Sysmac Studio actually allows you to Export the tag names created in the program file, however it will use the Symbol Name, eventhough you already add the Absolute Address.

And people wonder why I will not use the new ones! Sticking with CJ2 and CS1 - oh and CP1. I program on the keyboard using numbers - symbols are stupidly slow! I have a job to program with Schneider - symbols - painful - if you want to use the keyboard %I. then rack number - then slot number - then bit number! Studio is not much better!