G_DeMark

Preserving FIFO Data

4 posts in this topic

I have an application (Logix 5000) where I am using a FIFO instruction to load/unload an array of tags.  Essentially the array holds the last 100 part numbers run in the process.  

My question is how do I preserve the FIFO data when I download periodic program changes.

What I have noted is that if I make some program edits tonight and go to download the program tomorrow, I will overwrite the FIFO data that accumulated while I was making changes.

I am sure there must be a better method.  Should I export/import the ladder routines rather that do a download?  What options do I have?

Thanks much

For that, I typically do online program changes. They also have a "data preserved download" tool, but I've never used it.

1 person likes this

I do the changes online 99% of the time to perserve all data.  In the case of lots of edits that I've done off site, I'll go online with one instance of Studio then open another instance of Studio with the changes.  Having previously noted where my changes are, I'll copy paste the changes from the offline to the online - delete the old and insert the new.  Sometimes its entire routines.

Edited by jstolaruk
1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, jstolaruk said:

I do the changes online 99% of the time to perserve all data.  In the case of lots of edits that I've done off site, I'll go online with one instance of Studio then open another instance of Studio with the changes.  Having previously noted where my changes are, I'll copy paste the changes from the offline to the online - delete the old and insert the new.  Sometimes its entire routines.

This is how I do it too