Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dpatel43

CP1L-M40DR-A PLC does not boot from my logic

7 posts in this topic

After getting my logic to work. I went in and implemented the logic with my plc. It worked but in order for me to test part 2 of it, I have to turn the machine off and turn it back on as part of a reset feature. When I turn the machine back on, it wipes out my logic and goes back to its default logic. It's almost like I never changed anything. I connected my pc to the plc and connected to plc, pulled up the code and ran it on "Online Mode" where i can make changes and send them to the plc and yet again it wipes out whatever changes I had made and goes back to its default. Any suggestions?

Edited by Dpatel43

PLC? memory card? switches setting?

5 minutes ago, vasekd said:

PLC? memory card? switches setting?

Cannot use memory card with this plc. Checked the dip switch settings and nothing is out of place.

31 minutes ago, Dpatel43 said:

After getting my logic to work. I went in and implemented the logic with my plc. It worked but in order for me to test part 2 of it, I have to turn the machine off and turn it back on as part of a reset feature. When I turn the machine back on, it wipes out my logic and goes back to its default logic. It's almost like I never changed anything. I connected my pc to the plc and connected to plc, pulled up the code and ran it on "Online Mode" where i can make changes and send them to the plc and yet again it wipes out whatever changes I had made and goes back to its default. Any suggestions?

Didn't get what you've meant by "Logic" here.

The CIO and WR area will always be reset on power ON. Your best bet to keep the last state of your program is to use either DM or HR memory area, but even with those you need to have a battery installed to the PLC, so it can retain the last data set in the DM / HR.

7 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

Didn't get what you've meant by "Logic" here.

The CIO and WR area will always be reset on power ON. Your best bet to keep the last state of your program is to use either DM or HR memory area, but even with those you need to have a battery installed to the PLC, so it can retain the last data set in the DM / HR.

Logic meaning in terms of my ladder logic, apologies for the confusion. Basically I have a machine that cuts some stuff and I wired safety curtain sensors to it. If anyone breaks the sensors the machine shuts down as a safety feature and then you'd have to run it back on manually via a on/off switch. I added 3 "no contact" statements within a already exisiting ladder logic and sent that to the plc.

Update: One of the tech's turned one of the DIP switch into ON mode which overwrote my ladder logic everytime at startup. Flipped that switch off and implemented the code again and it works just fine now.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:48 AM, Dpatel43 said:

Cannot use memory card with this plc. Checked the dip switch settings and nothing is out of place.

I am glad that you have solved your issue.  As you have discovered, there is a "memory card" on this PLC, but it is called a memory cassette.  For the benefit of someone reading this later, see picture below. 

5a8c8ba997d99_CP1LMemoryCassette.jpg.361

For the smaller CP1L CPUs:

5a8c8c3a6b03f_SmallerCP1LCassette.jpg.1a