Automator59

MELSEC Q Processor with SSCNET

4 posts in this topic

I am looking at a conversion from an A series processor to a Q series and the existing A has a number of MELSEC MR-J2S-22KB and MR-J2S-350B servo controllers that appear to be using  SSCNET.  What do I need to control these with a Q series controller?

Are you working with a Full Motion CPU or a Positioning Module? If you are using a Motion CPU then you will probably need a Q172/Q173. If your using a Positioning module such as an AD70 / AD75 then you probably need a QD75. Your local Mitsubishi Rep should be able to help you with more information on which exact module you would need. There are also some guides on the Mitsubishi website for A to Q transition. Make sure you register and log in on the website before doing any searches or you won't find any relevant information . 

https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en

You should change the amplifiers aswell.

1 person likes this

I was just handed this project with little information other than some pictures and a verbal.  It looks like the existing Q already has one Q172DEX module installed with one port being used as well as having a Q172DSCPU in the chassis with the Q13UDEHCPU.  The primary chassis is full and there is an existing remote IO just below it.