Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GL3NN

Powerflex 525

12 posts in this topic

Hi all im trying to set up a powerflex 525, ive downloaded ccw. i plug the usb into the 525 and into the computer and nothing happens i expect to see an autoplay dialog box appear if i browse to the drive and select it there's a long wait before it says its not responding this is a brand new drive

any help will be much appreciated 

Read the Word document attached to Knowledgebase Article 531941 (Access Everyone).

hi thanks for the reply but i click your link its no longer there?

Thanks ScottC joe but this still hasnt solved my issue as soon as i plug the usb into the laptop nothing responds ive change one of my hards drives from E to H as the doc says that itll use E thought there may be a conflict but no its still the same?? i really appreciate the doc scott and joe but ive been doing that to the word

Edited by GL3NN

Does the unit show up as an external drive in Windows Explorer?

yes it is as a usb drive if i click it or right click it it says system not responding after a min or 2 iv recently downloaded ccw micro800 controller 10.01 is this the problem? im running a win 10 64 bit os but the download said that it could handle that the links below

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/connected-components/workbench.page#/tab4 

Edited by GL3NN

Here's the recomended requirements to run CCW 

Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz or equivalent Intel Core i5 2.4GHz or equivalent
RAM Memory 2 GB 8 GB or more
Hard Disk Space 10 GB free 10 GB free or more
Optical Drive DVD-ROM
Pointing Device Any Microsoft Windows®-compatible pointing device

and im running 

intel core I3 7th gen cpu @ 2.4GHz 

12Gb RAM

1T hard drive 800GB space left

do you think this is the issue?

Edited by GL3NN

Probably not. I happen to have a 525 that I need to configure, so I popped off the control module and plugged it into my PC. It showed up as a removable drive. The executable runs but shows "Disconnected". I connected it to my VM that has CCW installed and it looks like it works. The executable opens and uploads the parameter file as a *.pf5 file. This file can't be edited as far as I know.

I'm experimenting with CCW now to see if I can configure it offline.

cheers Joe the thing is i cant get as far as it saying disconnected i wonder if i could set the IP address manually then get to it via ccw software by clicking discover or see if linx finds it??

hi joe i really appreciate all your help but my trick worked entering the IP and sub net address manually then discovering it in CCW

1 person likes this

I assume you have the drive powered up, right? If that's the case, your trick is what I almost always do, except almost all of the 525s I've personally worked on have been integrated into a Logix 5000 project. I just set the IP address from the HIM and let Logix do the rest.

This is only the second one I've done as a stand-alone machine in CCW.