Sergei Troizky

Oracle Virtualbox and Factory Talk Activations

2 posts in this topic

I want to install and run the Rockwell software on new Win10 PC in the Oracle Virtualbox VM. However, my Factory Talk activations are tied to the hard disk serial number. Tried to change the VM hard disk serial, with couple utilities, but no success. Any suggestions?

Is this a new hard drive? If so, you will need to re-host the licenses to the new drive (or use the NIC). I would not host it to the virtual machine at all but use the host and have your activation software point to the host via a host-only network connection.

I know how to set that up in VMWare but it's been a long time since I used VirtualBox and I never used it for automation software so I'm afraid I can't help you with details about the host-only network. In VMWare, I set up a new host-only network and check the IP address inside the VM. The VM I'm using right now was assigned 192.168.247.141, but each time I set up a new PC it ends up in a different subnet so yours will be different. Point FT Activation manager to 192.168.247.1 and refresh the list. It should find and be able to use the licenses on the host.