ahmetnoktacom

C# CompactLogix Ethernet/IP Communication

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to do a small scada for Allen bradley plc  on C#. I did a hmi/scada for Siemens S7-1500 plc on C#, it is working and free. I dont want to use Advanced  Hmi. it is looking free but I can not use it in industries as free. so I decided to use direct C#. Do anybody has sample program, code, document, library, link, etc.. about C# and Rockwell plc communication?

second solution and question, if anybody has no solution; I may solve it with modbus TCP. but I dont know Compact logix L27ERM CPU support direct modbus tcp protocol. if anybody has knowledge about the modbus tcp protocol document, sample program etc.. I can try to communicate with modbus tcp C# and Allen Bradley.

Thank you in advance. 

With most SCADA solutions, you will need a license of RSLinx OPC or RSLinx Gateway to get the PLC data pipeline available.  Programming through the Logix framework is not an easy chore, but has been done.  That is why most companies will bundle the solution into a package.

ProSoft has a Linux module for CompactLogix & ControlLogix that will allow you to script your C++ code.  http://www.prosoft-technology.com/Landing-Pages/Launch/C-Programmable-Module-for-ControlLogix-R-or-CompactLogix-R

RTA has a #499ETC Ethernet/IP client kit that may be a good choice for you.  A bundled software kit with the communication setup for you to populate with your Logix tags.  https://www.rtaautomation.com/software-solutions/ethernetip-client-tagc/

As far as Modbus TCP over Ethernet, yes, the CompactLogix 5370 family supports Modbus TCP.  http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Programmable-Controllers/CompactLogix-5370-Controllers

Rockwell/Allen-Bradley has sample Logix code for Modbus TCP communication.  This will require you to have you to have a free tech support account setup.  https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/470365

1 person likes this

Thank you, kaiser_will.

I will use max 10 tags on scada. so I dont want to pay. I hope you understand me. 

So you say you can't use AdvancedHMI because it is free, but then you say you only have 10 tags, so you don't want to pay. Does this mean you want something that is not free, but you don't want to pay anything for it?

6 hours ago, arj3090 said:

So you say you can't use AdvancedHMI because it is free, but then you say you only have 10 tags, so you don't want to pay. Does this mean you want something that is not free, but you don't want to pay anything for it?

Advancedhmi is free for students. But I will use it in industries. so it can be problem in the future. read carrefuly my message which is written it is looking free. (I am not sure it is free) 

I will use 10 tags so I dont want to pay for Factory talk license or anothers. 

I did big scada for S7 1500 in C# (247 Tags). it is verry good and free. yes, it has taken a long time to write compared  to Wincc but it is my own scada.

So now I need same thing for Allen Bradley Compactlogix IP.

Where did you see that AdvancedHMI is free for students only? The only restriction is that it is under a GPL license that requires you to pass the full source onto the end user.

15 hours ago, arj3090 said:

Where did you see that AdvancedHMI is free for students only? The only restriction is that it is under a GPL license that requires you to pass the full source onto the end user.

I have never seen anywhere. I guess. :)  I think that why they give free?

I will load to end user PC. Do I need to license?

Edited by ahmetnoktacom

I downloaded AdvancedHMI, VB can be communicate with AB PLC, bur C# can not. There is no reference for compactlogix. what is solution?

Capture.JPG

I just tried the AdvancedHMIcs project and it is missing a reference. Add a reference to the AdvancedHMIcs project to the file AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll

And another reference to AdvancedHMIControl\Support\Mfgcontrol.AdvancedHMI.Controls.dll

Edited by arj3090
1 person likes this