Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpratik92

Micrologix 1400 Float TAG

4 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have a micrologix 1400 plc connected to a length measurement gauge. The gauge sends an analog value to the plc to an analog input. I convert the value into a dimension and send it to F8:0. but I need this value in three different steps in the program. Since i just have one element of float (F8:0) is there anyway i can store the value in a different location or create more floating point tags eg. F8:1. F8:2 ? 

Thank You 

Capture1.PNG

Not sure I get what you are going for, but...

You can use the F8:0 as much or as little as you like.

If you intend to "record" the F8:0 to another floating value like F8:1, it's as simple as a COP or MOV command.

Say when the conditions are true in Rung 2, which results in the "latching" of B3/1.  You could create a rung that senses the latching as a rising edge trigger, therefore only used for one scan, then COP or MOV the F8:0 value to F8:1.  Basically, telling you the value at the moment the rung was true.

You will need to add more elements to the F8 data file. Right click on the F8 - FLOAT folder and select Properties. Enter the total number of elements desired in the Elements box and click OK or Apply. I'm pretty sure you'll have to do this offline and download the program to the processor.

If the value in F8:0 is what you want to use in other places in your program, just go ahead and use it. You can read a memory location as many times as you want.