Lwpowell

22-Com-E Card Mess

7 posts in this topic

I had one of my technicians set the IP address of a 22-Com-E card to 0.0.0.0 and the subnet mask to 0.0.0.0

I have tried to manual associate the mac address to a correct IP address and it will not allow it. The reset to factory defaults are even grayed out. 

I have used WireShark to validate the MAC address, BootP cannot see it and I am stuck. I have looked all over the internet and I have exhausted any sources. 

Does anyone know how I can get into this card ? Or is it just toasted now that it has that address ? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Is the 22-COMM-E on a Powerflex drive? If so, you should be able to get into the HIM of the drive, hit ESC (or similar) to back out to the topmost menu and select the COMM-E, then go through the parameters in the COMM-E to set the address and mask to what they should be.

Edited to add:

With that IP address, it shouldn't be "owned" by anything, but you may have to disconnect the network cable and then reboot the drive before you can change the IP address. I don't know, as I've changed the IP address once it was owned by a controller.

Edited by Joe E.

I am very surprised that the module accepted that address !

I think the only way to reset the 22-COMM-E is going to be to install it in a drive and use a 22-HIM keypad module, or plug in with a 1203-USB and DriveTools/CCW to access the menus and return it to defaults.

There's no other return-to-defaults mechanism for the 22-COMM-E like a jumper or switch.    Its big brother (the 20-COMM-E) has rotary switches you can set to put it on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet, but the 22-COMM-E does not.

Your Rockwell distributor ought to have these sorts of devices available to help you recover the module.

1 person likes this

I believe the parameters that set the IP address, gateway, and mask default to 0.0.0.0. So if you just change the "address source" parameter to "parameters" from the default BOOT/P, you will end up with that address. I would expect it to fault or something, though.

7 minutes ago, Joe E. said:

I believe the parameters that set the IP address, gateway, and mask default to 0.0.0.0. So if you just change the "address source" parameter to "parameters" from the default BOOT/P, you will end up with that address. I would expect it to fault or something, though.

I do not have an HIM, it was set with drive exec, so now that I cannot communicate with it at all, I am dead unless I get an HIM or the cable, sounds like. 

Or use a 1203-USB (or the RS232 version) to connect to the drive. You should be able to get to the COMM-E that way as well.

1 person likes this