14 posts in this topic

I attached lsis HMI with CQM1. communication done all outputs are showing on HMI but  physical input can't b putted. What's the reason plz help me out. I made rs232 Cable as following 2-2,3-3,5-9. Shorted socket pins 4 6, plug pins 4 5.  Is it necessary to short socket pins 7 8 and to link FG?

Edited by Muhammad Waseem

physical input can't b putted

Please clarify further...:shrug:

Actually my HMI exp 40 tte communicating well with CQM1. All outputs are showing on HMI but when I touches any push botton on HMI, PLC makes no response on it. I may say that HMI reads well but unable to write any thing to PLC   I show RS232 Cable pinout which I made

Screenshot_2018-02-07-19-35-28.png

Edited by Muhammad Waseem

Change the PLC mode from Run to Monitor.

Make sure you're not assigning physical input addresses to the push buttons on the HMI.
For example if 0.00 is addressed to an actual physical input address, you must not assign it as a push button address, because no matter how many times you press the button, the PLC will take priority of the actual physical status of the input signal.

Yes Mr Innoaloe I used physical inputs bcoz I want to replace ordinary panel with HMI. In Mitsubishi PLCs I have done this practice, there it worked well. 

2 hours ago, Muhammad Waseem said:

Yes Mr Innoaloe I used physical inputs bcoz I want to replace ordinary panel with HMI. In Mitsubishi PLCs I have done this practice, there it worked well. 

Basically, if you are having an actual Physical Input addressed to a memory, let's say 0.00 memory is connected to an actual Input Pin, what will happen is that PLC will keep on refreshing the On/Off state of that memory by the condition of the Input Pin. So even though you are turning On that bit from HMI, it will then refreshed automatically by PLC with the status of the Input Pin.

If you want to keep the addressing in HMI the same as your actual Physical Inputs, then you need to remove the Input Slots (should be possible since CQM1H is a modular PLC, except if it was the Built-In ports which are not removable)

I don't know about Mitsubishi's, but not to use a Physical Input address in HMI is a common practice that I have experienced thus far with Omron's and Schneider's.

2 hours ago, Muhammad Waseem said:

Jay Sir in monitor mode do PLC gives outputs? 

In regards to Mr. Anthony, yes PLC still does give outputs in Monitor mode. There is no real difference between Run and Monitor mode aside from the fact that you can read and write the memory of the PLC through CX-Programmer only in Monitor Mode while the program is running.

If you want to keep the addressing in HMI the same as your actual Physical Inputs, then you need to remove the Input Slots (should be possible since CQM1H is a modular PLC, except if it was the Built-In ports which are not removable)

If you do the above the addresses will change...

Thanks Innoaloe one thing more plz, how can I alter DM6600 values to change PC setup 

I've a backup soft copy of the Omron C series PLC programme data, now if I'll like to convert it to mitsubishi FX series, is there any easy method to convert this?

On 2/8/2018 at 11:11 PM, Jay Anthony said:

If you do the above the addresses will change...

My bad... forgot CQM doesn't have the Rack/Slot ID editor function... :disgust:  Never programmed one anyway to be honest.

On 2/8/2018 at 0:45 AM, Muhammad Waseem said:

Thanks Innoaloe one thing more plz, how can I alter DM6600 values to change PC setup 

I don't have another option aside from connecting to the PLC then opening Memory Table and change those values directly, or you can add some MOV Instructions that will be called everytime the PLC is starting up.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:01 AM, Muhammad Waseem said:

I've a backup soft copy of the Omron C series PLC programme data, now if I'll like to convert it to mitsubishi FX series, is there any easy method to convert this?

In Omron's case, you can copy a Mnemonic version of Mitsubishi's program and paste it into CX-Programmer to automatically converts Mitsubishi's ladder diagram to Omron's. Of course some adjustments need to be made later on.

However I don't know whether Mitsubishi has this feature or not in GX-Developer

Edited by innoaloe

I don't another option aside from connecting to the PLC then opening Memory Table and change those values directly, or you can add some MOV Instructions that will be called everytime the PLC is starting up.

DM660-DM6655 can only be written to in the program mode...