Nancygogogo

Analog Input Average or Sampling Interval

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I am working on the AB MicroLogix ML1100, I have a question about the analog input. Right now I am able to read the analog input from the pressure transmitter (0-10V), however, the number is too jumpy... I would like to read either average for such as every 2 seconds or slow down the sampling interval which the function could give me a stable output. But I am not sure which function and how should I use them. Please advice.

Hope if there's anyone could help me on this, thank you so much.

Edited by Nancygogogo

Why is it "jumpy", noise? You might want to explore that first.

You could use a filter, see txt below.

Filtering.txt

Edited by Mickey

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

Why is it "jumpy", noise. You might want to explore that first.

You could use a filter, see txt below.

Filtering.txt

Hi Mickey, Thank you for your reply.

So ideally I think the output number should smoothly go up, but the result I got from the pressure transmitter (when I am filling the water) is  10, 11, 15, 30, 16, 18, 40, 19, 20...etc. it will jump to a large number then back to the normal number... 

Also, I read the file you send to me, I was wondering how should I achieve this equation, should I use the Math function?

And I saw there is a PID function, is this function necessary to be used for my problem? I am new to the PLC, please advice, thank you so much for your help.

Not 100% sure of your application but I have had similar issues and resolved them by bleeding air out of the lines.  Worth doing if you have not tried that.

Also, I read the file you send to me, I was wondering how should I achieve this equation, should I use the Math function?

Yes

"SUB"

"MUL"

"ADD"

should do it, play with the constant until you get what you want.

And I saw there is a PID function, is this function necessary to be used for my problem

No, this instruction is for control.