Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clear.Mind

DL205 PLC program question

4 posts in this topic

Hello . Customer  ask about help with his system based on DL205-260 PLC + weintek HMI.He said that sometimes ago hmi displayed normal value and system worked, but after that some guyes come and try to do something with plc, maybe read programm maybe something else. PLC have the password that no one know. Now HMI doen't show any adequat value, plc in run state, but no reaction on touching HMI buttons, but in case of disconnecting ethernet cable HMI wrote "PLC com error".This seems like plc is empty, when i try to connect with it, it ask password. I have 3 question:
Can be plc memory was erased if someone tryed to input wrong password much times or do something else?

How can i know plc have or not have program inside?Can i get access to diagnostics utility without password?
Can i reset password and programm, write myself programm and download it?(I read some topics on forum and can't bilieve that no way for resetting password without contuct with automation direct.)

Edited by Clear.Mind

As far as I know there is no back door. All Automation Direct can do is totally clear the CPU. Hopefully you have a back up file. Order a new CPU then dump your backed up program into it. Verify that it works then send the password protected CPU to Automation Direct. If you have no backed up program then you are in a bad state. Try to find how who the 'some guys' were.

I think those "some guys" wrote "00000000" in this window. What will happen if write "00000000"? Clear plc programm?

es.thumb.png.83d748e0fcf8fcde718a97bc73d

I think the 00000000 can be used to clear the password but only if you are already logged in. You may have tried this but how about '12345678' as the suggested example shows?